The Barn on the Pemi is surrounded by lush farms and renowned local purveyors. We work closely with these and other sources from around New England to hand-select the highest quality food, linens, cakes, and other accoutrements to ensure your event is tailored perfectly to your needs. From casual buffets, to fine-dining and farm-to-table options, we bring together the best resources for an entirely seamless event.
With more than 46 years of unparalleled service, Common Man hospitality, and our proud reputation for impeccable event experiences, we cherish the opportunity to create a celebration that will foster memories for you and your guests for years to come.
Take a look at some of our carefully-selected offerings below. Click here to get in touch with our wedding specialist.
Sampling of catering for weddings:
Farm to Table
Farm to Table salad, soup and appetizer courses are plated. Entrée and side courses are served family-style. Dessert embellishments are served buffet-style. Our Farm to Tables include: Crusty farm bread, whipped butter, pickled vegetables served in mason jars on all tables, coffee and tea station and white chocolate crumbles.
Chef's Dinner Buffets
Buffet dinners are priced per guest (20-guest minimum) and are available between 5 p.m. and 10 p.m. Prices are based on a two-hour service. Buffet dinners include artisan rolls, whipped butter, two salad choices, two or three entrée choices, fresh seasonal vegetable, choice of starch, choice of dessert, locally-roasted Common Man Joe fair trade coffee and teas. Children’s Plated Dinners available for children attending who are under 12 years of age.
Chef's Dinner Stations
Dinner stations are priced per guest (20-guest minimum) and are available between 5 p.m. and 10 p.m. Prices are based on a two-hour service. Chef’s attendant fee of 50. per station. Chef’s dinner stations include artisan rolls, whipped butter, fresh seasonal vegetable, locally-roasted Common Man Joe fair trade coffee and teas.
A 9% NH state tax and 20% service fee is added to all food and non-alcoholic beverages purchased. Prices in this planner are valid through 2018. A guaranteed guest count is required 12 days prior to your event. The final guaranteed guest count is non-negotiable and non-refundable. Ivory house linens (napkins and tablecloths) are included for in-house events. We offer linens in a variety of colors, for an additional fee of 12. per table cloth, 2. per napkin and 15. each for floor-length table cloths. A deposit is required to reserve your event and secure your event date. This deposit must be returned with your signed contract. A payment of half the estimated food and beverage total is required three months prior to the date of your event. The final payment is due one week prior to the event, after we receive your guaranteed guest count (please see above). All deposits are non-refundable. Discounted Common Man gift cards may not be used as payment for events. During peak wedding season, there is a 100-guest minimum for event halls at The Common Man Inn & Spa Plymouth and The Common Man Inn & Restaurant Claremont. Prices subject to change.
You may cancel your non-wedding event any time prior to 30 days before set event date without additional penalty, however, the catering fee deposit is non-refundable. If you cancel less than 30 days prior to your event, you will be charged 50% of the cost of food in addition to the non-refundable deposit. If you cancel your event within 7 days of the event date, you will be charged 100% of the food cost and the non-refundable deposit. Wedding cancellations must be made 6 months prior to the scheduled event. All deposits are non-refundable.
Take a look at the dropdown list of local resources below to help you plan your special day.
Ceremony & Cocktail Hour Music
- Crown Entertainment - (978) 483-0776
- NRG Entertainment - (603) 393-7280
- Wilson Stevens Productions - (978) 256-0360
- Greg Sowa, Wedding Entertainer - (603) 685-4229
- Chuck Noel DJ - (978) 376-9864
- Peak Entertainment DJ Co. - (802) 888-6978
- Main Event Entertainment - (603) 833-8293
- 5 Star Entertainment - (603) 630-3280
- The Holy Cows (4–7 piece band and DJ) - (603) 455-7488
- Hells Gate Fireworks - (603) 481-2793 and (603) 786-3637
Hair, Makeup & Other Services
- The Spa & Salon at the Inn - (603) 238-2845
- Ice Designs by Jeff Day - (603) 455-5458
Justice of the Peace
- Barry Alley - 617-680-1670
- NH Images - (603) 566-7911
- Birch Blaze Photography - (603) 539-4480
- Corey Garland - 603) 848-5411
- Authentic Eye - (603) 786-5048
- Kate Preftakes Photography - (603) 759-8362
- Darling Photography - (207) 615-0494
- Erika Follansbee Photography - (603) 715-7027
- J. Harper Photography - (603) 991-6337
- Hinkley Photo - (603) 738-4613
- Millyard Studios - (603) 232-6828
- Kate & Keith - (978) 743-9073
- Mindy Rossignol at Private Wedding and Events - (603) 630-6605